Some of you may have noticed I’m big on supporting my fellow authors (whether published traditionally or self pubbed), mainly by doing author interviews.
Making up personalized questions started to take hours (yes literally) out of each day, so I made up a list (SEE BELOW) and ask authors to pick. Unfortunately, the questions aren’t overly exciting.
So, I call out to all my most amazing friends, be you authors or readers! Help me out with some author interview questions. What do you want to know? Give me some interesting ones too, funny, crazy, whatever. Authors are people too and we all want to learn more about them!
Please post below! Post as many as you like, but PLEASE keep them ‘clean’!
Thank you and have fun!
(for those who also do interviews, feel free to nab questions! I’ll be leaving this post up!)
Just to help out some more… Here are some of my questions…
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
- What do you do when you are not writing?
- Do you have a day job as well?
- When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
- How did you choose the genre you write in?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- Do you ever experience writer’s block?
- Do you work with an outline, or just write?
- Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
- Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?
- If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change?
- How do you market your work? What avenues have you found to work best for your genre?
- Have you written a book you love that you have not been able to get published?
- Can you tell us about your upcoming book?
- Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
- What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
- How did you come up with the title?
- What project are you working on now?
- Will you have a new book coming out soon?
- Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with?
- What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
- Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?
- Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
NEW! Oct 2011:
I’ve now started some FUN and Wacky questions for those interviewed on my site. Try your hand at some if you’re making up an interview!
Have you ever gone out in public with your shirt on backwards, or your slippers on, and when realizing it, just said screw it?
Do you prefer fuzzy or tub socks?
Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point?
Be honest, how often do you wash your hair?
Do you get road rage? What pisses you off the most about other drivers?
Do you go out of your way to kill bugs? Are there any that make you screech and hide?