I have the great pleasure of having author Airicka Phoenix on my blog today for her Touching Eternity Blog Tour. We met on facebook through a blogger and read her first book, Touching Smoke, in less than a day. Be sure to check them out!
1) What do you do when you are not writing? Do you have a day job as well?
I’m almost always writing, but yes, I also work.
2) Where do you get your ideas?
My brain is a universe of … things! Random, sometimes strange, things. And My imagination is just off the charts, usually coming up with the weirdest stuff that sometimes turn into stories.
3) Do you ever experience writer’s block? Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I have an outline I work with. But I’ve never experienced writers block.
4) Can you tell us about your upcoming book?
The next book in The Touch Series after Touching Eternity is Touching Fire. We go back to Fallon and Isaiah and meet Ashton, Fallon’s father for the first time. We also learn the truth behind Fallon’s unique abilities.
5) Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
I don’t use personal things in my stories. Whether they be people or experiences, just because I like to keep the two worlds as far apart as possible.
6) How did you come up with the title?
The Touch Series is the story of needing something you can never touch. It is the cycle of a flame. Fallon & Amalie both want love, but for them, love is like Smoke, Fire, Embers & Ash , untouchable, uncontrollable. For Amalie, her love will become Eternal.
7) What project are you working on now? Will you have a new book coming out soon?
I have several short stories coming out, but I will also be releasing The Hunter Series in the spring. So you will meet Clara and Darius and their adventures into the world of monsters, demons and forbidden kisses.
8) Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
I love meeting you guys! I don’t mean just in person, I mean just online. You guys make my whole day chatting you guys up!
1) The light side or the dark side?
The dark side. They have cookies. I ALWAYS follow the cookies.
2) Do you have deep dark secret? How about a shallow grey one?
If I tell you, then I have to write you in my next book and kill you.
3) Have you ever given someone who asked for decaf, regular coffee just to see what would happen?
NO! But I’m so going to now!
4) Is there any food you refuse to eat? (Other than brussel sprouts because NO ONE likes them)
I will not eat anything red. The color doesn’t bother me, but when it’s in food… ugh! *shudder* lol
5) If you could live off of chocolate would you? What kind?
I would sign up in a heartbeat!! Any kind! (No dark or bitter ones though)
6) What do you think the coolest pet to have would be?
A tiger! I always envied Jasmine from Aladdin.
7) If you could visit any world (real or imagined) where would you go?
Harry Potter’s world!
8) What do you think about scarves? Do you wear them or prefer a turtleneck?
I am such a scarf nut! I’m like the cat lady… but with scarves!
9) Do you like making up strange new words? (ie awesomesauce, techtarded) Please share if so!
I do! But I don’t think they would be appropriate to repeat… *clears throat*
10) When you rip out a page from a spiral notebook, do you leave the strip with the tabby pieces in? Or do you have to remove them?
YES! Drives me nuts, because none of my friends do so I’ll sit there and rip them out. They think I’ve lost my mind. Little do they know, I never had it! Lol.
So I know I was supposed to pick only 10, but the ‘fun’ questions were so funny, I had to pick them! Lol. I hope that’s okay. Thank you so much for having me! I had a blast visiting you and your lovely readers! I hope we can talk again soon! <3