Lucretia’s life as an astronomer is quickly turned on its head by her eldest brother when he is commanded by the king to build the grandest telescope in the land. Her nights spent on rooftops gazing at the stars are replaced by adventure as the family move to be nearer the king. In a race to build the Forty-foot telescope on time, misfortunes take their toll. The lady astronomer finds court life to be more dangerous than she could have ever imagined. Can she find the strength inside to overcome the obstacles threatening her destiny? Only the stars will tell.
This is a stellar read! (See what I did there?) Get your copy today! CLICK HERE!
I’ve interviewed the wonderful Katy O’Dowd and here are her fun answers!
1. Are you a fan of astronomy? Do you have a favorite star/constellation?
I am a fan. There’s nothing quite like looking up into the inky sky, riddled with diamonds. Love it. My favourite is Orion – which is why Orion is called so in The Lady Astronomer.
2. If you could name a star, what would you name it?
The Death Star! Ha! But really, would name it TaRi – the first two letters of both of my son’s names.
3. If you could have a special ‘pet’ like Lucretia, what kind would you have?
No doubt about it – a lemur. Ooh, or an owl.
4. Would you ever want a pet that could talk? Why or why not?
I often think I would. But then I look at the dog and think that he might complain if he missed a walk. I think cats would be hilarious if they could talk – but I bet they wouldn’t shut up.
5. If you could build a clockwork creation, such as the pig in The Lady Astronomer, what would you make and what would it do?
I’d build a Butler. A ladies gentleman who would bring me tea every morning, make the beds, do the school run, household chores…. – sounds good, eh?
6. Have you ever been locked in a dungeon before?
No! I’ve visited loads of castles that have them, but never been locked in one. Yet.
7. What creature/critter do you fear the most?
I am absolutely terrified of frogs. It’s that weird leggy thing that they do. Yick. Shudder. Spiders, creepy crawlies, snakes, am fine with all that, but frogs? No thank you very much.
8. How often do you wear socks?
Every day. Except when it’s really warm. I have a wonderful collection for day wear, snuggly wear, going-somewhere-posh wear. I favour animal print.
NOW ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!!
20.00US$ Amazon Gift card
Signed poster of The Lady Astronomer artwork
The Lady Astronomer bottle cap necklace
eBook copy of The Lady Astronomer
Thank you for your support and good luck!